|Shipping Weight:||0.50 lbs|
• 100% Organic Food Grade
• Diatomaceous Earth is a safe, non-toxic substance made up from crushed fossils of freshwater organisms and marine life. Crushed to a fine powder and observed through a microscope, the particles resemble bits of broken glass. It naturally dehydrates and kills pests on contact. Sprinkle it on pet bedding, as well as their coats. Diatomaceous Earth is deadly to any insect yet completely harmless to animals.
• Diatomaceous Earth is an effective way to control external and internal parasites in your pet.
How it works: Diatomaceous Earth’s mode of action for insect and parasite control is strictly mechanical. The microscopically sharp edges contact the insect or parasite, and pierce their protective coating, so they soon dehydrate and die. The larvae are affected in the same way.
Product Weight, Packaging, and Processing Details
• Net weight 5 oz.
• Packaged in a resealable jar for easier measuring and use, with oxygen absorber.
• Store in a tightly sealed container, in a cool and dry area.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
The Benefits of Diatomaceous Earth for Pets:
• Internal parasites can be controlled by giving Diatomaceous Earth internally. It is very important to note that it must be food grade – the earth used in gardens and pool filters can damage your dog. Diatomaceous Earth can eliminate roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, and hookworms within seven days of being fed daily. To be most effective, Diatomaceous Earth should be fed for at least 30 days, to catch all newly hatching eggs or the cycling of the worms through the lungs and back to the stomach.
• Another use for Diatomaceous Earth is the control of external parasites and flies. This is achieved by dusting your pet with Diatomaceous Earth, along with bedding area and surrounding carpeted areas. Be aware that particles from DE could irritate eyes and lungs.
• Other uses for DE:
Garden Pest Control
DE can be used to kill slugs, beetles, and other unwanted pests in the garden. I would repeat the process every 2-3 days to break the life cycle of flea. I shake it onto my lawn or area my pets go potty, let it soak in with a rain or a few good dewy mornings, and it not only repels all pests, but kills what is there without damaging your lawn!
What Kind of Diatomaceous Earth Should I Use?
Only food grade, never stuff you find at the pool supply shop.
Diatomaceous Earth Internally?
Your dog's size will affect the DE dosage size:
🐕 Small Dogs and Puppies ½ tsp of food grade DE
Dogs (<50 lbs.) 1 tsp of food grade DE
Dogs (50-100 lbs.) 1 tbsp of food grade DE
Dogs (>100 lbs.) 2 tbsp of food grade DE
🐈 Small Cats and Kittens (2-6 ½ lbs.) ½ tsp of food grade DE
Full Grown Cats (7-13 lbs.) 1 tsp of food grade DE
Large Cats (>13 lbs.) 1 ½ tsp of food grade DE
We carry a human grade, absolutely safe form of DE you can use ON your pet, or you can put on their food.
Sign in to write a product review and earn reward points!
By Kathy on September 28, 2019
After reading about this product online, I decided to use this in my screened in porch. My cats would stare out the back door glass longingly and once they stepped onto this porch they would bolt right back in. I was constantly spraying for fleas, but they wouldn’t stay there. After sprinkling this on all surfaces, and spreading around including some bedding areas I set up, I can't get them to stay inside. They love it and I love that they can enjoy some outside time. Also I rescue cats and with so many, flea and worm treatment is not feasible. I have used this to worm them and rubbed into their bedding area and fur. I have noticed weight gain this week because of the de-worming effects and less scratching. I’m sold!
Customers who purchased this item also purchased: