Bison Heart, 2 lbs.
|Shipping Weight:||2.00 lbs|
• Raw bison heart, which does contain fat on outer pieces.
• Meat/fat ratio typically no greater than 80/20.
• USDA inspected, all-natural meat.
• Lean protein.
Product Weight, Packaging, and Processing Details
• 2 lbs. per bag.
• Packaged in a vacuum sealed bag.
• Cut into approximate 2” x 2” x 2” cubes and/or strips.
• Frozen in commercial freezers maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
100% Meat / 0% Bone / 0% Organ
Nutrition and Benefits
• This food is a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, and Copper, and a very good source of Taurine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Iron and Selenium.
• Taurine is found in most animal proteins, but the highest concentration is in the brain and heart. Taurine supports brain, eye, and heart function, and helps regulate the immune system.
• Cooking and processing food will reduce the taurine content.
• A large amount of threonine can also be found in the heart, which controls protein and enzyme activity, helping to maintain proper balance of proteins in the body.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
🐕 Dogs can produce taurine, but cats cannot. This means that taurine is essential for felines and needs added in the diet as the body cannot manufacture taurine.
🐕 Dogs favor red meat best so this product typically works well with dogs of all sizes.
🐈Some cats will eat red meats, but others simply will not tolerate it. If you chose this product for your cat, start with a small amount, and introduce slowly.
• Heart can be added to high bone content foods to decrease the bone ratio.
Our mission includes advocating for optimal health and safe handling of raw materials. Make sure to use safe handling practices and reference our Raw Food Education pages.
Crude Protein (min.) 11% Crude Fat (min.) 6% Crude Fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 80%
Sign in to write a product review and earn reward points!
Easy & Quality
By Christina on January 16, 2022
Incorporating liver and heart was intimidating but this was already cubed and easy to chop smaller if I chose. My dogs love it and I love how easy it is
By Angela M on October 8, 2021
Not a hit with most of the cats, but they're particular about what the bison eat --- it's shows up in the flavor. The blood is a hit with the hospice boys; it's nice to see them enthusiastic about a food. The chunks of heart are dark and dense. A local wildlife rehab is looking forward to getting what the cats rejected.
Great price and quality bison heart meat
By Mareike on November 12, 2020
Feeding bison to a larger dog can be quite expensive. I loved feeding the bison hearts to my Labrador as a meat meal, substituted with Honest Kitchen's Nut and Seed Base mix. I found the 2 lb package size and the size of the heart slices to be very convenient for feeding. The hearts looked very fresh, rich in color, and didn't have a lot of fat to them. Will definitely buy again!
By Larissa on February 2, 2018
The picture doesn't do this product justice. It comes in chunks and I guess Bison Heart has very little fat. My dogs love when I add to their meals.
Always a hit with my dogs
By Sarah on October 28, 2017
These bison hearts are amazing! They are a big hit with my dogs! Bison can be pricey but I like to included it in our dogs diet; it’s something different and a real treat for our all ready spoiled pups. The hearts are fresh and rich looking, we will be ordering them again soon!
By Rosemarie on September 27, 2017
Another economical way to add variety to diet. Well packaged chunks of heart, minimal fat which I like as I like to feed my dogs lean. Clean smelling, fresh appearing. Thanks Hare today. The guys will love it.
Economical way to feed bison
By Susan on September 5, 2016
I like to include a variety of protein sources but some that can get pricey with 5 large dogs. The pack really enjoyed the bison heart, it is good quality protein and economical way to get bison into the diet
By Lindsey on February 11, 2014
My dogs absolutely loved it! :)
By Janet on November 20, 2013
I feel good when I feed a variety of proteins including Bison Heart to my dogs. These Hearts are rich and nutritious, easily packaged, and wonderful for variety in the diet. When thawed, there is a good amount of blood so don't forget to include the blood in their dish!
Cat (Adult Indoor):
Dog (Adult Active):
Customers who purchased this item also purchased: