Goat Liver, 2 lbs.
|Shipping Weight:||2.00 lbs|
• Raw goat liver.
• All natural, locally sourced, hormone and antibiotic free goat.
Product Weight, Packaging, and Processing Details
• 2 lbs. per bag.
• Packaged in a vacuum sealed bag.
• Cut into approximate 2” x 2” x 2” cubes and/or strips.
• Frozen in commercial freezers maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
0% Meat / 0% Bone / 100% Organ
Nutrition and Benefits
• This food is a good source of Iron, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium.
• Magnesium is needed by every organ in the body, especially the heart, muscles and kidneys. It helps calcium and phosphorus build strong bones and teeth, and it actives more than 300 enzymes as well as contributes to energy production and regulates levels of calcium, cooper, zinc, potassium, Vitamin D and other nutrients. 60% of magnesium in the body is found in bone, and most of the remaining is in the muscles and the liver.
• Zinc has a lot of important functions in the body. It is a cofactor of at least 200 enzymes that are involved in protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism. Good sources of Zinc are red meats, liver, and fish.
• Organs are nutrient dense and packed full of vitamins and minerals.
• Liver is lower in fat than muscle meats.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
• 🐕 Most dogs favor red meat best so this product typically works well with dogs of all sizes.
• 🐈Some cats will eat red meats, but others simply will not tolerate it. If you chose this product for your cat, start with a small amount and introduce slowly.
• Liver in particular is dense in Vitamin A and Vitamin D. Note that antibiotics can interfere with vitamin A absorption. Signs of vitamin A deficiency are decreased vision, poor growth, fetal absorption, poor coat and dry, scaly skin.
➡️ Signs of vitamin A toxicity are hair loss, skin changes, bone pain and bone fractures.
• Liver is a secreting organ and 5% of the diet should be Liver. Remember, too much secreting organ in the diet can lead to loose stools. What do we mean by secreting organs? Check out the information at the bottom of the page here: https://hare-today.com/raw_food_ratio_calculator and Balance MBO ratios with our Raw Food Ratio Calculator.
Our mission includes advocating for optimal health and safe handling of raw materials. Make sure to use safe handling practices and reference our Raw Food Education pages.
Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein (min.) 11% Crude Fat (min.) 6% Crude Fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 80%
Sign in to write a product review and earn reward points!
There are no reviews for this product.
Cat (Adult Indoor):
Dog (Adult Active):
Customers who purchased this item also purchased: