Beef Kidney, 2 lbs.
|Shipping Weight:||2.00 lbs|
• Raw beef kidney.
• All natural, hormone and antibiotic free beef.
Product Weight, Packaging, and Processing Details
• 2 lbs. per bag.
• Packaged in a vacuum sealed bag.
• Cut into approximate 2” x 2” x 2” cubes and/or strips.
• Frozen in commercial freezers maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
0% Meat / 0% Bone / 100% Organ
Nutrition and Benefits
• This food is low in Sodium. It is also a good source of Iron and Manganese, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium.
• Cobalamin, a micromineral which helps with red blood cell formation, nervous system performance and metabolic processes is found in liver meats and kidney.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
• 🐕 Most dogs favor red meat best so this product typically works well with dogs of all sizes.
• 🐈 Some cats will eat red meats, but others simply will not tolerate it. If you chose this product for your cat, start with a small amount and introduce slowly.
• Organs are nutrient dense and packed full of vitamins and minerals.
• Kidney is a secreting organ. Secreting organs should make up 10% of the total diet, with 5% of the secreting organ being liver. The other 5% should be brains, kidney, spleen and pancreas. Too much secreting organ in the diet can lead to loose stools. Balance MBO ratios with our Raw Food Ratio Calculator.
Our mission includes advocating for optimal health and safe handling of raw materials. Make sure to use safe handling practices and reference our Raw Food Education pages.
Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein (min.) 11% Crude Fat (min.) 6% Crude Fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 80%
Sign in to write a product review and earn reward points!
Great Additive for Ground Meat
By Teresa on July 27, 2020
My dogs love the beef kidney. It goes great with their ground meats that don’t have any organs added in already. It is really easy to cut up and prep in small bags for meal prep.
By Bryn on May 31, 2019
All my ferrets do well with this kidney (aside from my one with beef sensitivity) fairly odorless, easy to cut and section.
By Gabriel on December 8, 2018
Excellent product, not stinky. I wish it, along with a lot of their other organs, came with a fine grind option as my pup will not eat a lot of these organs unless cut up very small which is messy and laborious.
No odor kidney
By Rosemarie on September 27, 2017
This has become a staple in my dogs rotation. The kidneys come chunked and well packaged. Easy to portion into appropriate sized pieces when partially thawed. Appreciate how clean they look and no odor. They guys scarf it down like a treat. Thanks Hare Today
Frozen for treeats
By Kelly on May 12, 2016
My dogs love these! We eat them thawed and frozen. I freeze them up and use them as treats, especially in the hot summer months. I have also dehydrated them for treats, and they are a huge hit! A great option for variety in the organ meats.
My dog LOVES it!
By Jillian on March 28, 2016
My chihuahua LOVES beef kidney! Warning......It has a very strong odor. I still continue to buy/feed it though since my dog loves it so much and it is a good source to add to her variety or organs.
By Yee on December 15, 2015
My dogs love these as little frozen treats. They cannot get enough of it.
By Heather on April 17, 2015
Great organ for the ferret frakenprey menu. easily blended to a soup for picky eaters.
By dana ann on May 19, 2013
My dog will only eat these if I cut them small and hide them in some ground meat. I do this because I know they are so good for him. Every product has always arrived well-packaged and frozen! Bravo, Tracey!
By Brigitte on April 7, 2013
My 2 dogs ave not been too fond of organ meats in the past and I was forced to dehydrate to get it in them ... But this kidney... No they love it raw...
So they are the best source.. As testimony ..
Again they love the kidney meat raw!!
Thank you Hare Today .. For a great product
And I was impressed with the great packing
By Penny on September 16, 2012
I was looking for something other then chicken liver for my dog's diet and I found it! I prefer this over any other OM because the texture and smell makes it easier to handle.
By Sandra on January 10, 2011
These came in two huge chunks. After cutting them into itty-bitty 1 oz pieces for my big cat, he refused to eat them. Temperance, who has been fed raw since she came to me at 10 weeks, eats them with gusto. Amadeus refuses to have anything to do with kidneys. :( Sophie, my 20-pound Eskimo mix, inhales kidney. (She inhales anything.)
There wasn't much smell to this, but it was definitely the "grossest" thing I've had to handle when portion-sizing for the cats.
Fairly easy to cut when frozen, when you have a sharp knife. Better than dealing with the slimy ick when it's thawed, in my opinion. :)
By Tiffany on August 17, 2009
I was looking for another OM to add to my dogs meals. This one is perfect. Came in a large 2lb quantity that will last me for about 1-1.5 months of meals. I was previously using beef/pork liver but this kidney has less smell than those and the dogs seem to enjoy it. A large quantity for the price!
Cat (Adult Indoor):
Dog (Adult Active):
Customers who purchased this item also purchased: