Chicken Livers, 2 lbs.
|Shipping Weight:||2.00 lbs|
• Raw chicken livers.
• USDA inspected, all-natural meat.
Product Weight, Packaging, and Processing Details
• 2 lbs. per bag.
• Packaged in a vacuum sealed bag.
• Cut into approximate 2” x 2” x 2” cubes and/or strips.
• Frozen in commercial freezers maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
0% Meat / 0% Bone / 100% Organ
Nutrition and Benefits
• This food is a good source of Thiamin, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium.
Helpful Tips and Reminders
• 🐈 Cats typically do well with poultry.
• 🐕 Dogs prefer red meats, but poultry is good for rotation.
• Liver in particular is dense in Vitamin A and Vitamin D. Note that antibiotics can interfere with vitamin A absorption. Signs of vitamin A deficiency are decreased vision, poor growth, fetal absorption, poor coat and dry, scaly skin.
➡️ Signs of vitamin A toxicity are hair loss, skin changes, bone pain and bone fractures.
• Liver is a secreting organ and 5% of the diet should be Liver. Remember, too much secreting organ in the diet can lead to loose stools. What do we mean by secreting organs? Check out the information at the bottom of the page here: https://hare-today.com/raw_food_ratio_calculator and Balance MBO ratios with our Raw Food Ratio Calculator.
Our mission includes advocating for optimal health and safe handling of raw materials. Make sure to use safe handling practices and reference our Raw Food Education page.
Warning: Poultry may contain Salmonella
Guaranteed Analysis Crude Protein (min.) 11% Crude Fat (min.) 6% Crude Fiber (max.) 3% Moisture (max.) 80%
Sign in to write a product review and earn reward points!
Nicky loves liver
By Lynn on June 6, 2019
Chicken liver has so many wonderful nutrients, and I am so happy he loves it. I include a slice with one meal each day :)
By Cemaliye on June 4, 2017
My cats enjoyed the turkey and chicken liver, I think both livers were great quality and I was pleased!
Chicken liver was one of the first organ I introduced to my cats and all they needed was a little spread of wet cat food for them to lick the bowl clean!
We are very happy!!
By Patty on February 28, 2016
I got these livers to mix into kittie's raw food recipe, but she begged for samples even after she had eaten her dinner - stood on her hind legs and danced around! And she even licked up the juice on the package. Good stuff.
By Yee on December 15, 2015
My dogs love liver! I also like the extra bloody liquid. My dog and kitten like to slurp it up!
I've always incorporated
By Jessica on October 5, 2015
I've always incorporated liver in my cats' foods. Previously, I picked them up from my local Asian market or grocery store. I switched to getting them from Hare Today because there is a marked difference in quality. No discoloration and they look healthy. They will defrost very quickly, so if you're defrosting meat to make cat food leave these for last.
By Stephanie on September 28, 2015
I make raw cat food, and these work out great for me!
By Clare on April 12, 2014
My cat loves these! I dice them up into her grinds sometimes to give her something to chew on. Since liver should make up 5% of a cat or dog's raw diet, it's important to have it on hand at all times unless you always feed meat/bone/organ grinds or whole prey.
By Joanne on October 8, 2013
Liver is another huge hit in my home of cats but a little messy. I supplement with organ meats four days out of seven, and I typically use chicken liver or hearts. Sometimes the livers are sickly pale colors, but I don't think there's anything Tracy can do about that. It's just the nature of our food system that produces sickly chickens. Most of the time the livers are in good shape. Loved by all.
By Kristina on April 24, 2012
AMAZING!!!!! What more can I say? Liver is an important part of any balanced raw diet and this is the best! My fuzzbutts have been in heaven! Dog, cat, ferret, reptile etc.
By Susan on February 19, 2012
My picky boy will eat anything I give him if I add some of these chicken livers to the mix. They are easy to use and stay fresh for several days if kept in an airtight container. They are a staple for us now!
By Jeannine on March 16, 2008
Wonderful product. At first I purchased Tracy's ground mixed chicken organs, but I figured that with their sharp little teeth, my cats would rather have whole organs than ground up ones. Now I purchase gizzards, hearts and livers separately and feed them mixed up in relatively equal parts (although I'm thinking of increasing the liver content in the future). They are so popular they practically get inhaled. Definitely a winner.
By Eileen on March 10, 2006
You cannot compare the difference between the Hare Today chicken livers and the ones I was getting in the store. The Hare Today livers are dark in color and don't have that bled-out jaundice appearance of the livers I was buying in the local market. Along with the Hare Today chicken hearts, I know only the best is now going into my homemeade raw meat cat food. Two thumbs up!
Cat (Adult Indoor):
Dog (Adult Active):
Customers who purchased this item also purchased: