This content is archived from the Feline Nutrition Foundation
The Feline Nutrition Foundation Mission Statement
Our mission is to promote awareness of the issues involved in feline nutrition and health, with an emphasis on bio-appropriate, raw meat diets for cats. We will educate people on the techniques, benefits and issues involved in feeding healthy feline diets.
- Provide information free to the general public on feline nutrition and health.
- Provide information on feeding raw meat diets for people new to the idea.
- Create awareness of feline nutrition and raw feeding through traditional and new media outreach: website, social media, video, blogs, mobile, email, viral marketing, print.
- Inform and shape the current attitude towards feline nutrition and raw feeding with the general public by promoting the health benefits, safety, and ease of a raw meat diet.
- Inform and shape the current attitude towards feline nutrition and raw diets within the veterinary and pet food industry by promoting the health benefits of raw foods.
- Help to change how people (general public, veterinary, pet food industry) think of dry food for cats by providing information about its unhealthy effect on felines and its inappropriate use for obligate carnivores.
- Encourage "do it yourselfers" with information on how to make homemade raw food for cats.
- Maintain an international member organization for feline raw feeders and those interested in feline nutrition and health, with free membership.